Kensington Mortgages “How old am I?”
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is Kensington Mortgage Company Limited, trading as Kensington (registered in England No. 3049877), which has its registered office address at: Ascot House, Maidenhead Office Park, Maidenhead, SL6 3QQ. Kensington Mortgage Company Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference No. 310336).
2. To enter the competition the entrant must allow their registration badge for the Financial Services Expo London (the “Event”) to be scanned.
3. The entrant can only enter the How old am I? competition (“the Competition”) once.
4. By taking part in the Competition and completing the Broker Enquiry Form the entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
5. Entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entries submitted with incomplete information, or found to contain invalid information, shall be deemed invalid entries. No responsibility can be accepted for invalid entries or for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. Entrants must be mortgage intermediaries or an employee or director of a mortgage intermediary firm or financial advisor, eligible to place mortgage business with the Promoter, aged 18 years or over and who are attending the Event.
7. Entrants to the Competition cannot be previous winners of a similar ‘How old am I?’ competition run by the Promoter or its affiliates, or colleagues of a previous ‘How old am I?’ competition winner.
8. There is no entry fee and no new business with the Promoter is necessary to enter this competition.
9. The Competition runs whilst the Event is open on 12 September 2018 (being the “Competition Period”). Entries must therefore have been received by the Promoter by the close of the Event. The Promoter will not accept any entries received after the closure of the Event.
10. The winner for the Competition will be the entrant who correctly guesses or is nearest to guessing the average age in years and days of a Kensington residential first time buyer over the period from 1 July 2014 to 30 August 2018. If two or more entrants are equally close to guessing the average age in years and days in the How old am I? competition, then the winner will be drawn at random from the closest entrants by the Promoter at the end of the Event.
11. The winner will be notified of their win at the end of the Event or as soon as practicable thereafter and given their prize on the occasion of the first visit to the company or firm at which the winner works by the Kensington Account Development Manager after the close of the Competition Period (‘the Announcement Visit’), or alternatively by post.
12. The Promoter will use all reasonable endeavours to notify winners at or within 10 working days of the Event but if the Promoter is unable to contact any winner the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize instead to the next closest entry.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Competition at any time with no liability to any entrant or any third party.
14. The prize for the winner will be an iPad Mini 4 or at the absolute discretion of the Promoter other similar item of similar value. Winners are not entitled to the cash equivalent of the prize offered. Prizes are non-negotiable and non-transferable.
15. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies accept no liability for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with the Competition and/or prizes, other than such liability that cannot be excluded by law including death or personal injury caused by negligence, where liability shall be limited to the minimum permissible by law.
16. Any costs associated with entering into the Competition including but not limited to the cost of collection of prizes shall not be the Promoter’s responsibility.
17. If the Promoter in its absolute discretion believes that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may invalidate the relevant entry and disqualify the entrant from the Competition irrespective of the stage in the competition reached.
18. The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Names and the business address of the winner will be available upon request 10 days after the Event in writing to the Promoter, marked “Winner – FSE London Event How old am I? Competition” the disclosure of which entrants are by entering the competition deemed to consent.
20. The Competition and its Terms and Conditions are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.