How to use the BudgetSmart wheel
The BudgetSmart wheel is split into different topics, each with their own icon; helping you to review
each element of your household budget separately. Simply hover over the icons for a quick
description of the topic and click on the one that interests you.
For example, if you’re worried about your food bills, simply select the food icon in the
- some tips on where to get the best deals when you’re doing your weekly shop,
- information on free school meals and Healthy Start vouchers,
- coupons, cashback, and apps that can help you save money,
- how to access discounts if you work in healthcare, the Armed Forces, or the emergency
services, and much more.
Or if your Council Tax is a concern for you, pick the icon and check whether you are entitled to a
Council tax reduction or rebate.
Other BudgetSmart topics that you may find helpful
The tool covers 19 different topics, with a specific section for each topic, but other areas we know
our customers are finding a challenge include, all the essential utilities like gas, electric, water and
the costs associated with family pets.
- Gas and electric are a combined topic covering:
- the importance of regular meter readings,
- how to get emergency support from your supplier,
- government and local authority support,
- the Alternative Fuel Payment scheme,
- how to access fuel vouchers, and more.
- Water bills are a topic which includes:
- a calculator to see if you could save money with a water meter, and
- what to say to your provider if you are struggling with your bills.
- And if you’re finding caring for your pets is a challenge in the current cost of living crisis, then select
the pet costs icon to find out:
- how you can access subsidised treatments for your pets,
- if you can get help with the cost of pet food, and
- what organisations and charities provide wider help with associated pet costs.
Managing your money and understanding your budget will help you know where you can look for
savings and the BudgetSmart tool breaks it down for you.VISIT BUDGETSMART
How to find the right support and guidance
If you think you may need help with something other than your finances. PayPlan also work with an
extensive group of support partners who offer specialist services. Their Support Directory allows you
to filter by the type of support you are looking for, making it easier to find the help you need.