Home of the Self-Employed Mortgage
15% of the UK workforce is self-employed†. Many don’t apply for a mortgage for fear of rejection.
We’re on a mission to change
things. Whether you’re self-employed, a
contractor or freelancer, a croupier, builder, start-up entrepreneur or
dentist, our range of mortgages are designed to work for you.
†ONS Trends in self-employment in the UK – Feb 2018
Mortgages shouldn’t be complicated just because you’re self-employed. So when your mortgage adviser applies for a Kensington mortgage we go out of our way to make the process as easy as possible. It’s our way of helping them get you the mortgage you need sooner, rather than later.
As the UK’s leading specialist mortgage lender, we’ve always seen things differently and don’t believe in the one size fits all approach of high street lenders. That’s why our lending criteria is designed to flex with your individual circumstances and we use human underwriters to assess your application rather than relying on automated credit scoring. And your mortgage adviser has a wide range of Kensington mortgages to choose from so they can select the one that’s the best fit for you.
Our flexible lending criteria
- We can work off the latest year’s accounts for the self-employed
- We only require 1 year’s trading history
- Contractor income is calculated on your current weekly contract x46 weeks
- We accept share of your latest year’s net profit and salary
- You’ll pay the same interest rates as employed customers
- We don’t place restrictions on professions
- We accept Debt Management Plans
- You won’t pay any upfront application fees
- For purchases, you’ll benefit from a free valuation
- For remortgages, you’ll benefit from a free valuation and legal fees OR a free valuation and £250 cashback
Here's what our customers say
Don’t just take our word for it. See what our customers are saying about Kensington:
Ready to take the next step?
Use our Mortgage Match tool to find the Kensington mortgage that might meet your needs. Find out if you're eligible in just 60 seconds, and it won't affect your credit score.
At the end of this process, if you agree, we will pass your information to our preferred mortgage adviser Like Mortgage Advice, who can advise you FEE FREE on Kensington’s products, and guide you through the application process.
Like Mortgage Advice is an appointed representative of Hawke Financial Services LLP, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA Register No. 478284).
Rather talk over the phone?
Contact Like Mortgage Advice on
020 3827 8940
(Mon-Fri 9am – 5:30pm), who can advise you on Kensington’s products, and guide you through the application process.
Find your own mortgage adviser
If you prefer, you can use your own mortgage adviser. If you don’t already have one, you can visit Unbiased.co.uk where you'll find a list of advisers you can choose from.